British wedding documents

Santorini British wedding documents

Legal requirements for UK citizens holding a UK passport

We require the wedding documents 1 month before the wedding day in our office. Please email us copies of them when ready to make sure nothing is missing.

Please Note: For clients that are Uk citizens, but they are leaving in a different countries as Dubai act, they need to take their Non impediment form from the British embassy in Athens.

For more information how to get your non impediment form from British embassy in Athens, please visit this link :

For residents that they are leaving in Uk, we require the below For Civil wedding ceremony in Santorini

  • Passport Copies for both the bride and the groom. If you have your own witnesses, a copy of their passport is also required.

  • You must be 18 years or older to get married.

  • Birth certificate for both the bride and the groom. The document must be the long form that also mentions the parents names. Also, it must be typed, not handwritten. In the case that a typed version of this document is not an option, you must type the information that is handwritten on your birth certificate, on simple paper and send it along with the original birth certificate so the registrant can use it as a guide if he/she has trouble reading it. See Sample of Birth certificate


  • Non Impediment form for both the bride and groom, not older than 3 months of the date of your wedding. See Sample of Non impediment form


  • Divorce or Death certificates, if any. See Sample of Divorce

  • Adoption certificates if any.

  • All the above documents, need to be translate and stamp via the Greek Embassy of your area OR via our agency via Santorini Town hall legal department . No other source is acceptable.

Note: If the Greek Embassy in your area don’t do translations, then they will inform you where can you go and translate your documents but you still have to go back to the Greek Embassy ( in your area )  for stamps on the translations and on the original documents

  • All the above documents, need to have apostle stamps on each of them. The apostle stamp serve the purpose of authenticating your document for use abroad. Each English documents needs its own stamp. You can obtain these stamps from: See Sample of Apostle stamp


  • By telephone: 02476 631 613, + 442476103104, + 44 247663161309:30 – 15:30
    Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
  • By e mail:
  • By post or in person:
    The Legalisation Office
    Norfolk House (West)
    437 Silbury Boulevard
    Milton Keynes
    9 2


santorini wedding planner

  • Note: You must be in Santorini 1 (one) business day after your wedding to register your wedding. If this is not possible, you must obtain a document that will give my agency the authority to register your wedding on your behalf and you have to contact us to send you a sample of that document via email.


For samples of the documents you must obtain, please click the links below:

Birth certificate Non impediment form| Divorce | Apostle stamp|

Home – Symbolic Weddings – Civil Wedding – Elopements – Vows renewal – Proposals – Commitment weddings – Small Weddings – Wedding Venues – Receptions – Wedding Planner Reviews – Site Map – Contact