Legal requirements for French citizens
We require a copy of wedding documents 1 month before the wedding day in our office. Please email us copies of them when ready to make sure nothing is missing.
- Your can bring the originals when you come to Santorini
- Please note that in order to have a legal wedding in Santorni, your wedding documents has to stay in our Town hall for ever
- Copy of passport for both the bride and the groom or EU ID. If you have your own witnesses, a copy of their passport is also required.
- You must be 18 years or older to get married.
- Birth certificate for both the bride and the groom. The document must be the long form that also mentions the parents names. Also, it must be typed, not handwritten. In the case that a typed version of this document is not an option, you must type the information that is handwritten on your birth certificate, on simple paper and send it along with the original birth certificate so the registrant can use it as a guide if he/she has trouble reading it.
- Divorce or Death certificates, if any.
- Adoption certificates if any.
- All the above documents, need to be translate via the Greek Embassy
- You must be in Santorini 1 (one) business day after your wedding to register your wedding. If this is not possible, you must obtain a document that will give my agency the authority to register your wedding on your behalf and you have to contact us to send you a sample of that document via email.