Legal requirements for Ireland citizens holding a Ireland passport.
We require the wedding documents 1 month before the wedding day in our office. Please email us copies of them when ready to make sure nothing is missing.
Please Note: For clients that are Ireland citizens, but they are leaving in a different countries as Dubai act, they need to take their Non impediment form, from the Ireland embassy in Athens.
For residents that they are leaving in Ireland, we require the below
- Copy of passport for both the bride and the groom. If you have your own witnesses, a copy of their passport is also required.
- You must be 18 years or older to get married.
- Birth certificate for both the bride and the groom. The document must be the long form that also mentions the parents names. Also, it must be typed, not handwritten. In the case that a typed version of this document is not an option, you must type the information that is handwritten on your birth certificate, on simple paper and send it along with the original birth certificate so the registrant can use it as a guide if he/she has trouble reading it. See Sample of Birth certificate
- Single Status ( Non Impediment form) for both the bride and groom, not older than 3 months of the date of your wedding. See Sample of Single-status
The Department of Foreign Affairs they advise that although they require our paperwork 4 months before the date of our wedding they will not issue our certificates until 6-8 weeks before the date of the wedding.
- Divorce or Death certificates, if any.
- Adoption certificates if any.
- All the above documents, need to be translate via the Greek Embassy of your area OR via our agency. No other source is acceptable.
- All the above documents, need to have apostle stamps on each of them. The apostle stamp serve the purpose of authenticating your document for use abroad. Each English documents needs its own stamp. You can obtain these stamps from: See Sample of Apostle stamp
- You must be in Santorini 1 (one) business day after your wedding to register your wedding. If this is not possible, you must obtain a document that will give my agency the authority to register your wedding on your behalf and you have to contact us to send you a sample of that document via email.
For samples of the documents you must obtain, please click the links below: