Weddings in Santorini and COVID
Weddings in Santorini and COVID-19
Stay Safe While in Santorini
Here’s all you need to know for your next vacation in Santorini during COVID-19. Plus 3 reasons why Santorini is the ideal choice for your wedding in Santorini 2021
Greek Prime Minister confirmed the country’s plans to reopen to the world on May 14 to all visitors who have been vaccinated, have antibodies or have tested negative for COVID-19.
During this difficult time for humanity, due to the pandemic of the new coronavirus, the Greek authorities took measures to protect the lives of all citizens and visitors right away!
The Greek government has introduced health protocols and measures to ensure the safety of visitors, which must be followed by hoteliers, tour operators, restaurants, cafes, etc.
If you are concerned about social distancing, there are plenty of outdoor spaces and activities in Santorini to have a great time with your loved ones!
For any questions you may have, you can contact us at any time!
Urgent Notice (Last update March 2021)
Announcement regarding arrivals from foreign countries to Santorini for Weddings in Santorini and COVID-19.
As of November 11, 2020 all people traveling to Greece from foreign countries will be required to have a negative molecular test result (PCR) for COVID-19, performed up to 72 hours before their entry to Greece. This includes air and land arrivals to Greece.
Further, people traveling to Greece should be aware that as of November 6, 2020 Greece is in lockdown. More information about eligible ways and means of transport and movement permits within Greece is available on https://forma.gov.gr.
Travellers should be laboratory tested with RT-PCR of oropharyngeal or nasopharyngeal swab.
Only travellers who carry a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test result will be allowed by the border authorities to enter the country. The certificates should be written in English and bear the name and passport/national ID number of the traveller.
The Laboratories that perform the RT-PCR testing should be:
– National Reference laboratories
– National Public Health Laboratories or
– Private laboratories which are accredited by the respective national accreditation authorities (not necessarily specifically for COVID-19).
Certificates that do not fulfill the above criteria will not be accepted. Certificate forgery is punished by Greek Law.
Children under 10 years old are not subject to the obligation to a PCR test.
All travellers Weddings in Santorini and COVID-19 will still have to complete and submit their PLF form and may be subject to random testing upon arrival to the Greek border.
As of November 10, 2020 permanent residents of Greece who travel by land or air to foreign countries are required to fill in the electronic form PLF (Passenger Locator Form) with their contact details in Greece before their departure from the country and to show at the border checkpoint the proof of completion of the electronic PLF form that is automatically sent by e-mail to each traveller electronically.
All travellers entering Greece should self-isolate for 7 days at home or at their temporary residence. Travellers from UK should be tested for the new conoravirus on the 7th day of the self-isolation and should remain in self-isolation until their test results become available. Those entering from Kakavia and Evzones should self-isolate for 14 days.
Learn more https://travel.gov.gr
Q: What is the procedure to visit Greece?
A: The Passenger Locator Form (PLF) is a key element in the planning. All travelers must complete their PLF until the day before entering the country, providing detailed information on their point of departure, the duration of previous stays in other countries, and the address of their stay while in Greece. In case of multiple stays, they are required to provide the address for the first 24 hours at least. One PLF should be submitted per family.
- Travelers will receive a confirmation email upon submission of the PLF.
- Travelers will receive the PLF with their unique Quick Response (QR) code on the day of their scheduled arrival in Greece (at midnight) and will be notified via email (the QR code will be provided in a link in the confirmation email).
- Travelers boarding or embarking on the previous day of the arrival will be allowed to do so upon showing the confirmation email since they will receive their QR code during their flight or voyage.
As of November 11, 2020 all people traveling to Greece from foreign countries will be required to have a negative molecular test result (PCR) for COVID-19, performed up to 72 hours before their entry to Greece.
Learn more https://travel.gov.gr
Q: What is the protocol for air arrivals?
- Arrival at the entry gate.
- Transfer to the area where the screening personnel is located. Travelers are requested to show their QR code either on their mobile phone screen or in print. If travel departure begins prior to the day of arrival, travelers are allowed to board after showing the confirmation email (and not necessarily the QR code which is scheduled to arrive during their trip.)
- Depending on their QR code/confirmation, travelers are directed either to the screening area where they will be tested for the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 by a trained health team or to the exit (to baggage claim area or passport control).
- Upon completion of the test, travelers are directed towards the exit (to baggage claim area or passport control).
- The test results are expected to become available within 24 hours. In case of COVID-19 symptoms, medical advice and/or contact with the National Public Health Organization (EODY) Operations Centre should be immediately sought. Only in case they test positive, the authorities will contact them and proceed with the health protocol in place. Otherwise and after the 7-day self-isolation, they may continue with their holidays, adhering to the general public health safety guidelines.
- If travelers plan to have multiple stop-overs in Greece, they must declare this and report their initial destination and their travel itinerary for the next 7 days.
All travelers must comply with all of the necessary preventive hygiene measures (use of masks and physical distancing) according to local guidelines.
Q: Are the beaches open?
A: In all the beaches in Santorini you have free access. Maybe, you can find some beach bars/restaurants closed, but you can sit in front of it your towel.
Q: Who will cover expenses in the event of a Covid-19 patient’s air transportation and hospitalization?
A: The Greek state will cover expenses related to the hospitalization of visitors suffering from Covid-19 symptoms.
Q: What happens if an infection is confirmed at a hotel?
A: In the event of confirmed infection, close contacts of the case will be transferred to a separate quarantine accommodation at the expense of the Greek state. Remaining guests will continue their holidays.
3 Reasons why Santorini is the ideal choice for a vacation in 2021
1. Tourism in all the world’s most popular tourist destinations, including Santorini, has seen a sharp decline due to the Covid pandemic. This year, in 2021, the number of visitors is expected to be low, resulting in a safe and convenient stay and travel in Santorini. If you are mesmerized by the impressive photographs of this stunningly beautiful Greek island, while at the same time you are worried about the crowds in such a popular place like Santorini, now is your chance to visit it!
2. The Greek government was one of the first governments in the world to introduce strict lockdown measures, restricting the spread of the virus and keeping its citizens safe from the pandemic. As a result, you will travel to a place which the government and local authorities have kept safe from day one and with few cases. The tourism professionals on the island follow the safety measures and instructions meticulously so that everyone can enjoy their vacation here.
3. Vaccinations in Greece started at the end of 2020 and continue to provide the appropriate antibodies to the local population and protect public health!
Searches related to Santorini
|Santorini Wedding Planners||Santorini Transportation